This site collects information from its visitors in two ways: actively and passively.
Active information collection refers to instances in which we gather information from you when you fill it in and send it to us such as sending us a message via an e-mail reply mechanism provided by this site. Active information collection can include both personally identifiable information (e.g., your full name or information that is unique to you) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g a list of the top three books that have influenced your work).
Passive information collection refers to instances in which we collect information from you that you have not actively provided
Active information collection methods on this site:
(a) Email reply mechanism
If you are interested in receiving electronic updates, alerts, and other information from us regarding this site and our products and services, you must provide us with an e-mail address and your name. In completing our ‘Contact Us’ email reply form, we may also ask for optional information, such as your telephone number.
(b) Feedback Information
We welcome your comments and feedback regarding this site and our products, services and programs. This site provides an e-mail address that permits you to send us your own e-mail address, comments, and any other information you choose to include. E-mail is not secure. As a result, you should carefully consider what information you wish to send to us via e-mail.
Passive information collection methods
We may use special technologies to passively collect information while you are visiting www.ouenpress.com (that is, you do not actively provide this information). These technologies allow us to collect certain kinds of non-personally identifiable information, including your Internet domain name, the type of web browser you use, the operating system you use, the date and time of your visit www.ouenpress.com, the specific pages you visit, and the address of the web site you visited prior to entering www.ouenpress.com. We do not link this passively collected non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information you have actively provided elsewhere on this site. We reserve the right to share with third parties, including our business partners and advertisers, the anonymous aggregated information that we have passively collected via this site.
The primary means of passive information collection at our site are:
(b) Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
This site uses Internet protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are unique identifiers automatically assigned to each computer when logging onto the Internet. IP addresses allow us to collect much of the same information we collect through cookies, including browser type, what pages you visit, and how long you stay on the site. In general, IP addresses allow us to identify problems with our servers, prepare aggregate demographic information and other information regarding this use of this site, and improve the functions of this site.
We might also obtain personal data regarding you from the following sources:
Data you provided when you:
• filled a response card,
• subscribed to mailing lists,
• entered competitions,
• participated in market research, and
• when contacting us both on and offline.
Third party sources, such as:
• organisations that assist us with pursuing our legitimate business activities,
• media articles,
• company and, charity filings or social networking posts or other public sources for example the world wide web.
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect and process personal data about you.
Personal data may contain "sensitive personal data" as described under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). Such "sensitive personal data" is information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or other beliefs, physical or mental health or, in relation to DPA only, other conditions and information concerning any criminal offences or criminal proceedings. This data would only be used if you have directly provided it yourself (with your consent), for example during one-to-one conversations with our representatives or collected for travel itinerary advice or event management purposes e.g. for assessing access requirements arising from a disability.
The data we may process includes:
• your title, name, gender, date of birth;
• your contact information (address, telephone, email, social media)
• information relating to quoting and booking a travel service, including information regarding family and travel companion(s) such as names, emergency contacts and special service needs, such as any disability or medical or dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence;
• information relevant to customer surveys, competitions, feedback, offers and market research;
• we do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank details or security numbers;
• information automatically received by us when you use the website, access our marketing information or contact us by email or phone including: browsing, purchase and search history. We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements);
• the domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system, internet connection, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics;
• telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and call recordings that we use for training and quality control;
• your business details including positions, organisation, professional memberships and qualifications;
• your outside interests and membership of groups;
• information from articles in the media about you;
• your family details, including spouse or partner, and relationships with other customers or Ouen Press's business associates;
• events you have been invited to and whether or not you have responded or attended;
• we will keep a record of interactions with you for future reference and to help tailor further communications with you; as part of this, some emails sent by us may record whether the email has been opened and whether any links have been clicked on;
• generally information that you have decided to share with us.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION AND WHAT WE USE THE INFORMATION FOR
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes;
• We may use the information to improve our products and services;
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
• We may use the information for marketing purposes to display adverts on our or other websites based upon your prior visits to our website, preferences and contact with Ouen Press
• We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes;
• We may use the information to personalise and customise the content of our website according to your interests;
• We may contact you by email, phone or mail unless requested otherwise.
WHO CAN SEE YOUR DATA
Your data is held securely by Ouen Press. Access is strictly controlled and staff receive training on data protection.
The personally identifiable information we collect from you will only be used and disclosed in accordance with this policy or as specifically disclosed to you at the time you provide the information.
We will not sell, lease, transfer, share, or otherwise permit access to your personally identifiable information with any third parties other than as described in this policy.
We reserve the right to sell, lease, transfer, or otherwise share without restriction aggregated, de-identified, and other non-personally identifiable information regarding site usage, sales, traffic patterns, demographics, and other statistics about our site or those from whom we collect information via www.ouenpress.com.
We reserve the right to use or disclose personal information provided via this site as necessary to respond to your requests, comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, and law enforcement inquiries, as required by litigation, to take precautions against liability, and protect the security and integrity of the site and the safety of its users.
In order to respond to your request we may need to disclose some of your information to our partners including:
- delivery companies such as the couriers and/or Royal Mail.
We only pass on information that is required in order to fulfill your enquiry, such as your name and address to delivery companies.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not seek to collect personally identifiable information from you that you do not want collected. To that end, we indicate at all active information collection points whether requested information is required or optional. We also attempt to tell you at the point of collection and in this policy what the consequences will be (e.g. inability to access important functions of the site, less tailoring of information to match your interests, etc.) if you do not provide the required or optional information.
Keeping your data up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure personally identifiable information you send us via this site is accurate, current, and complete. To that end, we provide you with reasonable access to your personal information to correct errors and delete the information you have provided. If you wish to correct or delete your personally identifiable information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
To respond to your request or inquiry, we may require follow-up or contact information to allow us to verify you are the person authorised to view the information you are requesting. We may, at our discretion, refuse to allow you access to certain information, if, in our view, to provide such access would jeopardise another person's privacy; would violate any applicable federal, state or foreign law, regulation, or directive; or would unreasonably burden this site.
THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN
This site is not directed to, and does not seek to collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of 13. Nevertheless, if we are informed that we have collected information from someone in this age category, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time and in our sole discretion. If we do change the Policy, the new Policy will be posted here, along with its revision date, and all information collected following the posting of such changes will be subject to the new Policy. We want you to know, however, that before we use or disclose your previously collected personally identifiable information in a materially different manner from that to which you agreed, we will first secure your affirmative consent for such use or disclosure. In the absence of such consent, we will use your personally identifiable information in accordance with the Policy in effect at the time we collected the information, subject to any updates in legislation. We encourage you to check this Policy periodically and – at a minimum – before each instance in which you provide personally identifiable information via this site.
CONCERNS AND CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any concerns with regard to the way your personal data is being processed or have a query with regard to this policy, please contact our Data Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date this policy was updated: 20 MAY 2018